Sunday, May 11, 2008

11th May

Today is Sunday. The schedule of our job for this week was released yesterday. Jiayen and baojing got almost same working time. And me? totally different la so sien. They work for breakfast and dinner session today while mine is dinner. =.= Then our off day is --- jiayen : monday ; me : tuesday ; baojing : wednesday . @.@ So i got nothing to do now, sienzzz.

Breakfast and lunch session cannot earn more than dinner session. People usually tips more for dinner. After few days, we've made some friends here. Two sporean - Dawn and Kai lun, they are worm's coursemates, what a coincidence lol. And a few msian - my ex-coursemate(phoebe)'s ex-roommate (pui ee or rachel) , evelyn , sze ying , terrence and another girl i forget her name :p. They accompanied me to have breakfast just now coz baojing n jiayen were away for work. They are quite nice and friendly. And we've known some americans, one of them - jenean is a pretty and nice girl. She taught me a lot of things about our job. I work for different servers everyday. Some are nice but some are not so. But my conclusion is, guys are more helpful and more generous. I got more tips from guys than gals.

The dining inn is a lot more highclass than my previous employer in msia. We must tie our hair in a bun, keep our nails clean and wear uniform appropriately. Everyday beore working, we must line up in a two rows an let our manager to have uniform check. All the food and rubbish must be differentiated and dump into different trash for recycle use. The trays here are big. Everything is just so heavy. When we clean the tables, we have to put the super big tray beside the table, put everything onto the tray, set the table and then carry the tray into the kitchen for cleaning. The problem is, the tray is really so damn heavy and big that everyone has to use their shoulders to carry the weight. So you can imagine how hard it is for me to carry these. Baojing is a lot more lucky. Everytime she put the used glasses and dishes onto the tray, there will have people to help her to carry into the kitchen. And she got more tips than us also.

Yesterday night, I worked for two servers - jeff and jonathan. Both of them looked friendly. But jeff is more helpful than jon. Overall both of them are better than my previous attached servers. I broke two wine glasses ytd. It was my first time. I hit the wall in the kitchen when i was carrying the tray on my shoulder. But it doesn't matter. Those very tall guys break more glasses than me before that lol.

I noticed that baojing also uploaded our photos - http://littlesquid1030.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!D44F1D841D904A82!180/cns!D44F1D841D904A82!204/

But i think my facebook got more lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, no time to read, Sofa first.

Tml start working, have to wake up very early.

Anonymous said...

add oil ah
living in america is not hard
as long as you work hard you can survive
work as server be careful leh
don't break glass or plate or bowl
nanti boss marah kamu sendiri yang jialat
anyway
can train train muscle
when you come back, maybe become "muscle ting" liao
hahahaha

Anonymous said...

wah nice ler,ziting~~
enjoy ya special holidays there!!!